Sunday, June 7, 2009

We made it to Nanchang!!!!

It is 2:00 a.m. your time, and 3:00p.m. here in China.

We are preparing to meet Addie Grace! We will meet her at 4:30 (3:30 a.m. your time)...we are anxious, and nervous, and emotional, yet soooo ready.

Nanchang is completely different than Beijing. We are in the middle of the city. This small city only has 4 million people. It is hot and even though parts of the city are only 6 years old...it looks like its been around for decades. My heart broke as we were driving in. I had to close the curtains of our 11th floor window (umm that opens with no screen by the way), because the site of the city is too harsh. it sounds like we are in Chicago with all the honking going on...its actually quite soothing. (so I keep telling myself!)

This will be our home for the next 5 days. Lord help us to become familiar...it's NOTHING like what I'm used to.

Our hotel is a 5 star hotel and beautiful. We walked into our room with a made up cot for Alec and a crib and bathtub...the countdown is on! The guides have reminded us that she comes from no air conditioning and she likes it warm. She likes her formula warm and she needs to be bundled up. We'll do our best to keep that in mind. She reminded us to keep switching her from parent to parent for equal bonding time and trust. oh. ok. Funny how we've had 3 years to prepare and somehow today...we forget EVERYTHING! Thank God for our precious guides!

I have already asked for an extra blanket because the crib mattress is a piece of cardboard and a towel. Not gonna do for my girl!

As soon as we get Addie Grace, we have 1 hour to bring her up and give her a bath and check her out before having to go downstairs for paper work and dinner. Not much time for bonding. Well...I guess food is bonding!

I've already packed a bag of cheerios, 2 toys a silkie blanket and stuffed bear to take down to meet her.

We've been praying all day for a smooth transition for her (us) and that all will fall into place and she will bond immediately.
now I'm rambling. I will stop.
ok...here we go

2 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:

Shannon Johnson said...

We love you!!! Can you tell we can't wait to see pics??? Yes... Its 3:18 our time!! And we are assuming you'll meet here in 12 minutes or there about!! We are praising God and praying for you too!!! Love you all! I guess we'll try to go back to sleep for a few more hours then look again!

Kelly J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.