Today we made our trip to the Civil Affairs office to make our adoption official.
Alec, Addie and Kelly on adoption day...
![]() |
| From Web Photos |
We had to pay all our fees (whew... nice not be carrying around all that cash any longer!) and then sit with the civil affairs official, along with an interpreter, and answer a few questions (what do you do for a living, why did you choose to adopt, will you promise to care for this baby and never abuse her...)
The official was very nice and even commented on how beautiful she thought Kelly was. I had to agree with her! (yes, this is Ken writing and not Kelly :)
Afterward we met the director of the Fengcheng orphanage in the town where Addie was abandoned. He told us that the foster home where she lived was home to another baby as well. He believes that the other baby will be adopted out soon.
![]() |
| From Web Photos |
Then we were handed our official adoption document and were told that it's all official!
| From 2009-06-06 |
If you look closely, Addie had been asleep and they had to wake her for the picture...
| From Web Photos |
We then headed to the notary's office, answered some more questions (it all blurs together at this point...)
![]() |
| From Web Photos |
Finally, we drove to another office where Addie had her picture taken for her Chinese passport. She'll travel home using that one with her Chinese name, and once she hits American soil, her new name and citizenship will be official.
Here's Addie and Kelly on the bus... Addie's napping and Kelly is wishing she was...
![]() |
| From Web Photos |
It was a full day and a busy day, so we're all hitting the bed now.
Blessings,
Ken, Kelly, Alec & Addie






11 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
Mama, sure does look a little sleepy too, but I'm sure it's a good sleepy! It's official...finally, finally official! Addie Grace is officially with her family...a family that will train her up to be a warrior for our Lord. His ways of working are so amazing...and how can someone not look at that beautiful childs face and not see Him! Prayers and thoughts to you all!
Crying...and crying...and thanking God for his immeasurable. So happy for each of you. She will change you each in unimaginable ways. And no, life will never be the same. But my the treasures wrapped up in this miracle. Can't wait to see her! Thank you...thank you for sharing this with us. Prayers all around.
What an incredible day!
I know you are all exhausted, both physically and emotionally. Now, just try to relax, rest, and enjoy that adorable little gift from heaven!
I can't wait to see you all and give you great big Papa hugs!!!
I get so teary everytime I read about her and see you all holding and loving on her!
I love her cute socks! I think the new clothes have to make the transition easier. I mean, what girl doesn't feel a little better when dressed in cute new outfit :)
She is one blessed little girl. Love her already.
Shelley
Welcome to the family, Addie Grace! Ken and Kelly, Ronnie and I are so happy that you've finally gotten your baby girl! Can't wait to meet her! Love you all!
Love all the sweet pictures! I'm so glad to hear she's adjusting so well...truly a blessing and answer to much prayer. You all look so happy! God is so good!!
So happy! :) I love the pic of Kelly on the bus. So amazingly sweet. Wow....you'll be there for another week!!!! I soooo want to see you! Hug her for us and know that we are praying daily for safe travels and strong bonding. :) Love you all!
God is so wonderful!It's been 3yrs.& 3mos.but she was worth the wait.He picked the perfect bundle of joy for the family.Papa & I are going to spoil her so much. We're grandparents,that's our job!!! We miss all of you so much and we'll be so happy when you get home! So, get some rest and enjoy the rest of your trip. We love you,Mimi
So sweet. So happy it is official. YAY!!! I love all the pictures especially the one of her smiling and laughing. Soooo cute!!
Kelly~ you are such an amazing woman of God! Thank you for being honest and open... so we know how to pray for you, Ken, Alec and sweet Addie!
As I read your blog all I could think of was, "Yep, you have a baby again!"
Make certain, thru all your business, someone looks at her ear! You definitely don't want to fly with a baby that has an E.I.
Thank you Jesus for loving that sweet baby girl SO MUCH, that you spared her life JUST to be a part of the Johnson fam... oh, and the Bethel Franklin fam too! :-)
Love you all and will keep prayin'!
I love that you are SO real Kelly! I can totally "hear you" talking thru your writing! :)
Addie is beautiful!!!! Love the picture of you two on the bus!!! SO PRECIOUS!
I will be praying for her to have sweet sleep & to feel better!!! Poor baby girl.
When you get home... she'll just have a talked with my little (well, not so little) Hadley. She'll teach her to marathon sleep and eat like a CHAMP!!!!! :) ha ha.
Praying for yall :)
Heather Marvin
Post a Comment