Sunday, June 7, 2009

Meet Addie Grace!!!!

3 Years and 3 Months to the day. And here is our Beauty...

GOTCHA!!!

From Web Photos



Addie and Momma...
From Web Photos


Our First Family photo...
From Web Photos


First Bath...
From Web Photos


Addie and Daddy...
From Web Photos


Addie and Big Brother...
From Web Photos


First bottle...
From Web Photos


Much more to come... thank you so much for all your prayers... This was an amazing day. She is absolutely the sweetest little girl. Not a peep when she was handed over to Kelly. She's only fussed once when changing her diaper. So quiet and content.

ok...Kelly here now. i was feeding her while Kenny was writing. She is so amazing! She is very reserved right now, and still hasn't smiled, but she is checking all of us out and she is very playful. She is always grabbing at her toys or something. She loves my necklace! She definitely has some kind of rash going on. Maybe a heat rash mixed with a bit of eczema an mosquito bites. Poor baby she has scratches all over her legs from scratching. I added a little 1% hydrocortisone cream to Eucerin Lotion...I hope that's ok..and i hope it works, and put on her footed pajamas. I finally figured out how to feed her and she guzzled that bottle down! (formula and rice cereal mixed is the key!)

ok..I need to get her while Ken turns in some paperwork. We are all extremely exhausted.

We are blessed. Can't wait to see how her personality unfolds over the next few days.

We love you and will keep you posted!

Blessings,

Ken, Kelly & Alec... and Addie!!! :)

13 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:

Shannon Johnson said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! She's amazing....and the pictures are precious!!!!!! She looks so much like Alec in that towel picture. :) It looks like you've had an amazingly special day. We cannot wait to meet and hold her. Please be sure to tell her all about us ok??? Warn her too that Max is calling himself Uncle Max.... not sure where that came from. We'll have to remind him that he is a cousin...not an Uncle. We'll work on that!

Shelley McCraw said...

Praise the Lord! I had a dream about you all getting her last night, so needless to say you are in my thoughts and prayers :)

I'm rejoicing with you and can't wait to meet her. Praying for all of you!

Love you all.

Proverbs 25:25
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Addie is beautiful. Your family picture is perfect! Praise God and bless you all! Tears of joy are flowing looking at the pictures and remembering the overflow of emotion on gotcha day. So glad to hear about a smooth transition, we are still praying for you all. Totally understand the hyrocortizone.We go through it by the buckets with the two little ones, especially Mei Lin.

God Bless your 4 pack! Pat and Cindy

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh!!!I just have tears flowing. That is the sweetest baby ever. Shane and I were talking about yall last night wondering if you had her yet and just what an absolute miracle it is to go across the world for one precious child. It's been a long time coming. What an exciting, nerve wracking, exhausting, wonderfully blessed time for all of you as you get to know one another. We will be praying for the rest of your trip. I just want to shout I'm so excited. If i knew something in Chinese I'd shout it too...Oh well.

Love yall,
Shane and Kelly

Garrett Hestla said...

Love the pics! So happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I can't keep the tears under control.My precious family you have waited so long for this day. She is so precious. Many prayers have been answered. God is so good!!!!. Kevin and I cried together on the phone this morning as we looked at the pictures. I love the way she is looking at each one of you.She has no idea how very blessed she is to have you for her mommy, daddy and brother. Hugs and a kiss for my grand daughter and continued prayers. Love you Mom and Dad

Queenofthequill said...

With the vastness of the Enlish language there are no words to express my joy. I cry each time I read your blog - I can not image what it must feel like to live the miracle you are living.

You chose the right name - Grace - For surely this time, this place, these events are washed in amazing grace.

Congratulations to your family - and a hearty - "Well Done!" to Addie Grace ~ she was wise to choose you! (SMILE)

~ Libby - (a friend of Shannon's)

Kelly J said...

Wow! What amazing comments! Thank you for them..I have read them at least 4 times already! So blessed by you all!

becky said...

Love her! You all look great-don't look exhausted at all - I know you are! Can't wait to see you back home. My kids think she's adorable too :) Destin's ready to babysit :) So very happy for all of you. Thank you for sharing your precious moments with us. LOVE the pic of her getting at Ken's teeth. Classic! I think there's one of those in every baby book :)

Melissa said...

I just love seeing all the pictures! Those "gotcha" pictures get me everytime! Glad to see the family of four together! We love you guys!

Heather Marvin said...

THANK YOU LORD!!!! I am SOOOOO happy for you all and everyone back in Nashville is REJOICING with you!!!! Lori Katina prayed for you guys at church on Sunday, during the prayer for the children, and prayed for your sweet Addie Grace!!!!
I have a huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes looking at these pictures! The 1st one of you reaching out to get her for the 1st time....... AMAZING!!!!!!
She is PRECIOUS!!!!! You can see your joy in your hearts, just looking at the pictures!!! :)
I am just thrilled for you all! :) Can't wait to meet her... and I call dibs on her "1st haircut" :)
xoxo
Heather Marvin

Anonymous said...

hi Ken & Kelly
I just heard about this blog of Addie from Shelley..

WOW! Congratulations!!

At LONG last!! Addie is in your arms!!Christine and I are overjoyed for you!

Praying for a smooth journey home for you all!!

Kenneth & Christine WANG

The Parker Family said...

Kelly and Kenny,
Congratulations! I understand all of the overwhelming emotions that happen during adoption. I went through a lot of what you are saying, kind of baby blues after the adoption. Yes, there is a lot about adoption people never mention, please don't feel alone. It's a lot to take in. Cherish the memories now, you will reflect on this trip forever.
My love to you all,
Rhissa