Friday, June 12, 2009

Last Stop, Guangzhou... We Made It!

Thank you for your prayers... although our guide Alison received multiple calls this morning from the Disease Control Center saying that they were still concerned about our group's health, nothing ever came of it. We left our hotel for the airport on schedule and boarded our flight to Guangzhou and are now sitting in our last home away from home, the White Swan Hotel.

VERY humid here... much like the climate of Miami, Florida (but no beaches!) And, we've only felt it during the evening, so tomorrow should be an adventure.

We have a beautiful view of the river from the 15th floor. This city is definitely much different from our visit to Nanchang. Much more modern and upscale. And, supposedly, this hotel has the breakfast bar in town... so Alec is pumped!

In the morning, we head to get Addie's medical exam completed prior to our visit to the US consulate on Monday morning. Looking forward to a nice stay here and some fun shopping... we can finally pick up a couple extra suitcases and start working on souvenirs.

Thank you again for keeping us in your prayers today. It worked! We miss all of you and can't wait to see you in just a few days.

Blessings!

Ken, Kelly, Alec and Addie...

6 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:

Missy Huffman said...

SO glad to hear you made it...WHEW!!!! God truly is good. I know you are glad to finally be at this point in your journey - enjoy your time, and prayers continue for the remainder of your trip. We have SO enjoyed reading about your adventure-thank you for sharing. Love to all of you! Can't wait to hug her!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! You're closer to home!

Mimi and I were thrilled to actually see your faces and hear your voices last night on Skype. Thank the Lord for technology!

Our grandbaby is soooo cute...and, Addie was adorable,too! (Yes, Alec, I'm talking about you)

We are counting down the hours until we see you all!

Love ya!

Papa

Linda D said...

So glad you made it.It was wonderful to actually talk to you last nite and see Addie,Alec and you on Skype. Sorry we missed Ken.Hopefully we can talk again tonite.Have fun there and enjoy the last part of your journey.See you soon! Love Mimi

Kenneth Wang said...

Hi Ken & Kelly
So sad that i will not get to see Addie face to face! I leave Nashville this Sunday early morn..
BUT - So happy for you all!!
Wow! It has been a long journey .. just a few more steps and you will be home! Home to a new adventure with your precious gift from God.
Christine sends her love.. from Singapore!
Kenneth

Shelley McCraw said...

So happy to hear you made it! Excuse me, where are pictures?? Just kidding, I know you are busy. I just love seeing them :)

Shelley

Shannon Johnson said...

Hey guys! We are leaving in a few hours and I won't have access to a computer or phone! Kevin says we are going unplugged. I think Kat may bring a computer and if that is the case....I'll log on and check in with you. Know we love you and have soooo enjoyed and been blessed by keeping up with your journey!! :) We'll keep praying. :)