I had a vivid dream last night about our adoption...
I was shopping at a very busy mall...just living my life, when I noticed 2 small baby China girls (sisters) giggling and playing on an escalator. I could see their mom who was keeping a loving, watchful eye on both of her daughters. All of a sudden, the youngest girl fell and scuffed up her knee. She was alone. And hurt. My first reaction was to pick this baby up to hold her and care for her wound, just like I would if it were my own son, So I looked over to her mom who tried to get to her, but she couldn't. I saw the worry in her eyes that she was unable to care for her, you see, her circumstances, where she was located, she couldn't care for her daughter - it was too crowded, there were too many people. She was too far away for me to have a conversation with her asking her permission to trust me - a stranger, to let me help her daughter, but as I met eyes with this mom, she nodded her head in gratefulness, and sadness, as if she was giving me sorrowful permission for me to step in her place and pick up her daughter and care for her as she was hurt. Her mother was thankful that I was there, but sad that she was unable to care for her daughter. Her daughter just needed to be held, picked, up, cared for, loved. She was hurt and scared and lonely, and she wanted her mommy.
As I reached to pick up this small beautiful, but hurt child, she looked at my face and stopped crying. She let me hold her for a moment , but then my dream took a twist...she became a scared kitten. And if you have ever held a kitten who was hurt, they fight the one who is reaching out their hand - it has nothing to do with the caregiver..they just hurt, and they don't know why. So I held on to the kitten as it began to flail, and scratch - it wasn't pretty, and I'm pretty sure I got scratched up in the process! Once I was off the escalator, and in the presence of my family and friends I felt safe enough to put her down so that she could calm herself. Even though she didn't know where she was, I knew and trusted the people around me. We were all watching out for her.
This kitten became our Addie Grace! And even though this is the point of the dream where I woke up, I know how it ends!
"Lord, I pray that you keep a watchful eye and loving arms around our Sweet Adeline Grace. I pray that you give her birth mother the strength to let her go and fill her heart and soul with a confidence knowing that she will be held and loved and taken care of. Let her know that we will tell her how much her birth mommy loved her and that she was wanted. Lord, I know there will be a time of grieving and hurt in her little heart and I pray that you hold her in your arms until we can be there to scoop her up and kiss her face. I pray that as she goes through her grieving stage when we arrive to bring her home, she will come to love us and trust us quickly, so that we may tend to her wounds and she will soon be giggling with our family. I know our meeting her is your perfect timing, so we will continue to live our lives and wait on You."
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Who Will Care for My Daughter?
Written by Kelly J at 6:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
I love the new blog Kel. I love you too girl! Beautiful layout and a great name! Did you get that from the Beth Moore book? I often think of the feathers I am giving my family and boys because of that book and the realization of everything we do.....is preparing our kids for life! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blog title!!!
Keep blogging girl....
Beautiful picture in your dream too. Glad to see you are still awaiting Addie too. :) Much Love, me
Love the new blog. Didn't know you were posting it yet. How did you get the cool backdrop?
Wow. What a dream. I love the meaning behind it. God is preparing you.
Girl....I'll be glad when I'm already prepared...I've been preparing for 11 years!!! Ya think I'm ready yet???
Michelle At Shabby Creations Created my website..She's Awesome (See Bottom of Sidebar!)
Hey Kelly~ Stephen sent me the link to your blog. Visit ours sometime to catch up with the Cornwells.
The new blog is great! And, I couldn't help but tear up at the dream of Addie and your sweet prayer. I pray for her all the time and know that God is preparing a precious little girl to fit into a wonderful family. I'm just glad to be part of that family!
Love,
Papa
Post a Comment