The Olympics in Beijing!!!
This year, there was a lot of talk on the news, around the world, about not supporting the Olympics because of where they were being held. I know there are many reasons why various people were/are upset of China's hosting the Games. Personally, I thought it to be an extremely brave move of this very private country to host this year - very graciously I may add.
It is unfortunate that Politics always play a part in the Olympics, because of the focus being on what is wrong with this country or that country ~ there are plenty of things wrong with many countries all around the world. Yes. I do understand the differences in degrees.
But, let me just tell ya...The Olympics are about people.
I am moved to tears when I hear of the adversities that these athletes had to overcome to compete to be there. World Peace...starts with people. Not politics - which will always have it's differences. During the Opening Ceremonies, I witnessed countries from all over the world, with different political stances, different religious backgrounds, some countries are even enemies with one another... march in the SAME arena. That's pretty miraculous. There were countries that could've competed but didn't (ie: Cuba - boxing) because of political differences, and I feel bad for the athletes that have trained, and dreamed of the moment where they could have had opportunities for medals, and breaking world-records, but were shut-down because there is something about the host country that they disagree with (and probably rightly-so)...sad.
I am so thankful that the Olympics are in Beijing. China is a stunning, beautiful country, and I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about this amazing culture.
I love this picture where these men from 3 different countries may not be equal in their political views, religious beliefs, or even look the same, but they have found a common denominator in their mankind, and they know it. They embrace it. They embrace each other. Different hands reaching out to one another. This is the picture that I have seen throughout this Olympics. This is the picture of Peace.

It is unfortunate that Politics always play a part in the Olympics, because of the focus being on what is wrong with this country or that country ~ there are plenty of things wrong with many countries all around the world. Yes. I do understand the differences in degrees.
But, let me just tell ya...The Olympics are about people.
I am moved to tears when I hear of the adversities that these athletes had to overcome to compete to be there. World Peace...starts with people. Not politics - which will always have it's differences. During the Opening Ceremonies, I witnessed countries from all over the world, with different political stances, different religious backgrounds, some countries are even enemies with one another... march in the SAME arena. That's pretty miraculous. There were countries that could've competed but didn't (ie: Cuba - boxing) because of political differences, and I feel bad for the athletes that have trained, and dreamed of the moment where they could have had opportunities for medals, and breaking world-records, but were shut-down because there is something about the host country that they disagree with (and probably rightly-so)...sad.
I am so thankful that the Olympics are in Beijing. China is a stunning, beautiful country, and I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about this amazing culture.
I love this picture where these men from 3 different countries may not be equal in their political views, religious beliefs, or even look the same, but they have found a common denominator in their mankind, and they know it. They embrace it. They embrace each other. Different hands reaching out to one another. This is the picture that I have seen throughout this Olympics. This is the picture of Peace.



1 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
Hey! I too love the Olympics...they've been a blast and it is really cool to see all countries come together. God loves all of us....and to remember that when you see us all together...is really cool!
Post a Comment