Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Seeds of Change

"For I know the Plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm your, plans to give you a future , and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Every year I plan out a small section of our garden to add red and white vincas. I am very particular about it, and if not too busy, make sure that it is free of weeds and watered regularly. As I was walking past this small mound of flowers I noticed an intruder...something had plopped itself smack-dab in the middle of my flowers! Running late, I didn't have a moment to yank it out of the ground, and then forgot about it. Well, as the sun continued to beat down day after day, I noticed that this weed, this "interruption" in my plans, had become more full.

As I bent down to rip it out of the ground, my curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to walk away and see what would become of this green leafed sprout. I am so glad I did, because when I pulled in the driveway a few days later, there were 3 beautiful yellow faces greeting me home! I grabbed my camera and ran over to the mini-sunflowers and snapped a picture. I was so glad I didn't rip it out of the ground!

You see, God has a plan for our plans. He wants us to make plans, but He also wants us to trust Him. In the middle of our plans, we need to know that He may have something else in mind, and we should be patient to see it come to fruition, even if it doesn't look good at the time. Not only did this "interruption" cause me great joy when I returned from an exhausting day, it is serving a purpose for this beautiful butterfly!

"Lord, teach me accept your plans in the middle of mine, and help me to trust the direction you are taking me in, even if I don't see the outcome immediately."
I love how the Lord speaks to us so greatly in such small things!

0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!: