Thursday, October 2, 2008

Land of YeeHaw Ya'll

I Love Nashville!!!

It never fails that when I am in a hurry, I always get stuck...behind the "Country Music Celebrity Tour of Homes Bus". Always!

On the path that we take to...anywhere out of our driveway, we pass Trisha Yearwood's home, Dolly Parton's Home, the entrance to Carrie Underwood's Neighborhood, and thank God Kenny Chesney, and Faith & Tim moved, or I don't think I'd ever get out of the neighborhood. I'm not sure where else this bus from the heart Downtown Nashville drives, perhaps Kenny and I will have to go on a date soon and find out. (later blog)

As I was stopped behind the "I just paid money to get on the Grayline Tour Bus to go see celebrities brick and mortar, but never the celebrity" on the narrow road, which eventually led to the delivery of goods to a frantic contractor...I stopped panicking, and noticed the bus full of gray hair in front of me. And it hit me. "Wow. these people are taking vacations to my city, my neighborhood, to come see and be fascinated by what I pass by each and every day...and they love it!"

The celebrities of the homes that we pass by daily are just...people. They are one of the things that makes Nashville a fun place to visit. I think the fascination of spotting a celebrity, out and about in Nashville, is you see them just as that...people. People just like anyone else. People that eat in the same restaurants we do, shop in the same stores we do, drink the same coffee we do. Somehow, by seeing Carrie Underwood in the same Publix that I shop in, makes her feel normal, but makes me feel like a star!

I may not blow kisses to the Bus I am stuck behind today, or this afternoon, but I will probably have a slight bit of a smile that I get to live in a fun city, where dreams are being born for many artists out there everyday!

Yee-Haw Ya'll!!!

2 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog! I get sick of the tour buses too. Next time you see me in Publix, please say hi.

Carrie

Kelly J said...

Thanks! Carrie always signs in to Blogger under her real name though, when she sends me comments!