Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Do our kids know???


On my way to work yesterday, I caught a clip from trashy talk show host Howard Stern. While I am in no way whatsoever advocating Howard Stern, I found this interview hysterical and disturbing...He plays a clip of an interviewer asking people on the street who they are supporting this election.

"The interesting twist is that he asks if they support certain positions, but gives John McCain's positions. In some cases, they are asked if they support Obama's selection of Sarah Palin for the VP slot. They all said: 'Yes' ". Listen mp3 here

Ok...now I don't want this site to become political, but I can't ignore what is going on either. As I was listening to these people answer these questions, after laughing a bit, I was challenged by this.

What if someone stopped me on the streets and asked me those questions? I'm confident I would know the answer, and probably take the mic and have my 15 minutes of fame...but the real question is what if they asked Alec these questions?

Just like we want our kids to accept Christ for themselves, and understand why, not just because it's what their parents do...is the same reason he needs to understand why we are voting the way we are. He needs to see the issues, the moral stances...not just the man!!!

He listens to what we say. Our kids are listening. But what are they hearing? We need to discuss issues with our kids, so that they can determine for themselves why they believe what they believe.

He will vote for our next President after this one. They need to know - for our country's sake. They need to know.

0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!: