I Need Your Stories!
Ok. I can’t believe I am putting this out there, but here goes…
5 years ago Ken and I met with a talented Christian Screenwriter who approached us about writing our story to pitch as a “made for tv” movie. Lifetime was interested, but she didn’t feel good about the deal, so she turned it down. (I would’ve been happy to have just made enough money for new living room furniture…still would actually! haha)
She just returned from L.A. after pitching her scripts to several Big Screen Movie Companies. (She has had incredible favor. When she told me who she was meeting with, it was unbelievable! The fact that she was able to get 11 different meetings is amazing!)
Well, 4 different companies were interested in our story! As she was pitching the movie to one company, (this particular company puts out HUGE films that have made it big) he said, that he would love to see this as a Romantic Comedy!!! I couldn’t agree more! She told me that she began praying immediately, and she pitched it again, with a comedic twist! (which describes our relationship more than serious!) She said he was laughing so hard, and then when she would get to the serious parts, he was tearing up, and got “chills”. That’s good news.
So she called and asked if I could think of 50-70 stories that were funny that she could add in. Most of these stories are pertaining to the “gullible, spiritual, pretty young blonde” (I guess that would be me, not sure if that’s a compliment or not…), and her interaction with her family, her coworkers, her friends, her husband, and her child. Also, we need some good ones of Kenny too! I immediately started sharing stories of my blind date with Snowbird, and when I sprayed myself in the face with mace, etc. I also shared stories of mine and Ken’s practical jokes we play on each other, etc.
This is where I need your help. (yigh-igh-igh) If you can think of something funny that we (or me) have done, said, etc…I need it! It doesn’t matter at what point in life it took place…that’s where the whole “creative license” comes in! (She could use it in a flash back, or flash forward…) Just think, it might make it into a movie! (yigh-igh-igh again!) If you don’t have my email, just leave it in a comment, or give us a call.
She is flying back to LA in a couple of weeks with the finished version, so I need to submit these to her as soon as possible!
We all have a story, a testimony. I am honored that ours would be chosen for some people to see! If there is a way for God to be glorified in our lives, in our stories, He will make a way for it to happen.
Thanks for your help, and for your prayers for her continued favor as she is trying to get more “Christian” stories on the Big Screen.


0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
Post a Comment