Friday, May 9, 2008

Favorite Things Friday

romantic-comedy.JPG
Romantic Comedies!!!

We just got back from Florida…more on that this weekend (see my sis-in-law’s blog under links: “You’ve gotta know this”). And I realized I have 3 hours left to post my Friday Favorites!

I love a good Romantic Comedy. Actually, for that matter, I don’t even mind a bad one! It’s not that often that I get to pop in a DVD, or even go to the theater! Last Saturday, my sis-in-law and I went to see “Made of Honor” - fun, cute movie! It’s always great to go to the movies with your girlfriends! Even though, Ken has no problem seeing them with me. Actually, I made him watch The Holiday with me, and he cried more than I did, and it is one of his new favs.! (Yes, I do have a husband who cries in movies!!!)

I knew we would be spending 24 hours in the car in 3 days time, so I thought that would be a good time to catch up! So I rented several movies: 27 Dresses (cute), 2 Foreign Films (Chinese, of course), Chariots of Fire(I walked down the aisle to “Abraham’s Theme”from this movie - not a romantic comedy, but one of my favs), Lars and The Real Girl (not what you expect, actually very sweet movie), Chocolat (one of my new favs.), and the one I will blog about today - P.S. I Love You.

I do not claim to wear my emotions on my sleeve, nor do I tear up easily. But I know that I need a good cry every now and again! I think I save any pent up emotions that must be released, for movie time (or commercials)! I don’t do it on purpose, it’s just the way it goes with me. For 3 hours in the car today, I cried NON-Stop while watching P.S. I Love You - with Hillary Swank. (3 hours, because I had to keep pausing it to reassure Ken that I was ok, and to blow my nose, and wipe my face, and take a breather.) Whoever wrote this movie must of thought, “There hasn’t been a tearful moment in 2.7 minutes, we must think of something sad, quick”! It was a sweet movie about her husband dying, and he has written letters to get to her over a course of time to help her “really live”, and to get on with life after his death. Gut-wrenching, but very good, If you need some tears to flow, rent this! The picture of the kleenex above is only a portion of what I used! My eyes will be puffy until next Thursday!

Other Favorite Romantic Comedies: Sabrina (old, and new), How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, It Happened One Night (old Claudette Colbert), Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley version), While You Were Sleeping, Roman Holiday, Sweet Home Alabama, The Holiday…These are just the ones I’ve seen 3 times or more!!!

What are your favorites? I must know! What have I been missing?

0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!: