Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

mom.JPG

Me and Mom

momj1.JPG

Ken’s Mom with her boys, and Shannon with her boys, and me with my boy!

dobbins.JPG

Dobbins Clan

Peggie (Grandmother) with her kids: Jeff, Kellye, Scott and Debbie (who went to be with Jesus in January)

mom-n-ken.JPG

Ken with his mom Kathy in1969

gma.JPG

One of my favorites of Ken’s mom with Alec, being a monkey in 1997!

moms.JPG

Some of my favorite moms! All are moms, with one hoping to be soon!

Some of my favorite Mom Quotes:

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

Being called “mom” is the most esteemed title I could ever obtain. There are a lot of things I must live up to on a daily basis; Is so and so going to love the furniture I picked for their home? Am I doing enough in my job to please those I work for , and the clients that hire me? At the end of the day, I come home to a son who doesn’t care if I ordered the perfect chair for a client. He cares if I am there for him when he is achieving goals, or when he is in trouble, or when he gets hurt, or when he is hungry, or when he needs a hug, even though he may not think he does! Being mom is the most important role I will ever play in this life. I do not take it lightly. It is sometimes difficult. Sometimes I don’t have the answers. Sometimes it is tiring. My mother once told me that if my only destiny on earth was to raise my son, that is the greatest thing I could ever accomplish. That is also the best and most freeing advice I’d ever been given. Thanks mom.

I am thankful that Ken’s mother raised her son to be the man he is today. It took a lot of patience, sacrifice, effort, love, prayer, discipline, persistence and wisdom. He is an amazing husband because she instilled great qualities in him. Thank you mom for doing that for me and your grandson!

I am constantly amazed at my sis-in-law, Shannon, as a mother. In the 15 years I have known her, she shines in all “roles” of her life. As a Wife, a Sales Manager, a Friend, a Daughter, etc…but her role as mother shines. I have learned so much about her patience towards her “very boy” boys. I have seen her discipline my nephews without raising her voice to them, and they still know she means business! I continue to learn from her as I watch her raise her 3 sons.

Happy Mother’s Day to all moms who happen upon this website today. May God richly bless you for the sacrifices you have made for your children.

0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!: