My Peonies are just now Busting Out!
Beautiful Iris
Purple Climbing Clematis to cover our Rail on our Steps to Garage
Pink Rhododendron we planted for Mother’s Day 3 years ago (1 to represent each of our mothers, and me!)
Purple Rhododendron
Bright Green Baby Hosta
After waking this morning, coffee in hand, I let the dog out for her normal routine. The peony bloom was the first thing my eyes focused on today! In a momentary burst of energy(taking inspiration from the peony), I ran in to get my camera , spilling coffee on my p.j.s along the way, to get a photo of this amazing flower in it’s 15 minutes of fame! I guess I thought it might go away too soon. (they don’t actually go away before your very eyes, but just about.) How could something so immaculate come out of what looks like an ordinary, plain, boring bush? It’s aroma takes me back to a time where I followed my grandmother around her garden begging to clip anything that would fit in a glass, or mason jar. The sweet, pure scent of a peony will take away all the care in the world. For a moment, the only thing that exists is the sweet aroma of heaven.
When I look at the flowers in my garden (that’s what we’ll call it, just for fun), I am reminded at how God takes care of us. I am sure I could probably take more care in the garden, but for the sake of time, I only do the bare minimum - just barely keeping them alive! We planted them, try to keep them somewhat free of weeds, try and water them when it’s dry, and really, God takes care of the rest! Actually, God has been the One giving them a drink lately! It seems the timing is always perfect. Just when I see they are thirsty, it rains! I personally can take no credit for what you see in these pictures. This is seeing God in Nature. How could you ever separate the two?
On days where I feel like I am barely getting by, barely surviving (if you have kids this time of year, you know what I mean!), I think about these blooms. The little bit that I maintain, “water” my soul (reading the word, prayer, being kind, etc) God takes care of the rest. His beauty radiates from these blooms! I can only hope and pray that He is as kind to me as He is to these flowers.
I am enjoying this Rainy Wednesday. The mist between the mountains, the dark green among the gray sky, the moist coolness in the air. It’s energizing, it’s promising.
Now I will go and clip the blooms, bring them inside, and enjoy them from my view for a bit longer…


0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
Post a Comment