Friday, May 23, 2008

Favorite Things Friday

Summer Break!!!

Up until High School, I would come home the very last day of school and pop in the (this will totally date me) 8 track cassettes, selecting songs that I could celebrate to: “School’s Out For Summer” by Alice Cooper, “Summer Breeze” “Teacher, Leave those Kids Alone” (The Wall - Pink Floyd), almost all of KC and The Sunshine Band, and several more. I would dance around the house with the music blasting, singing at the top of my lungs, while planning the next 2 months worth of Sleepovers, trips to Opryland, the Lake, the Mall, Trips to my dad’s house to walk over to TN Tech and flirt with the college boys, while pretending to do the obstacle course…and of course tanning and swimming, swimming, swimming!

I still feel that celebration the last day of school. If you heard a beat “thumpin’” yesterday, it probably came from our general direction! Alec celebrates a bit differently, though. He took a nap, and plugged his speakers into his ears, and chilled out. Ah. “To Each His Own”, I guess, but you can’t blame me for trying to pass on the tradition!

Though my summer is not as responsibility free as it once was, I will celebrate a change from the ordinary, daily routines, and do my best to make this a fun summer for our son, as my summers were for me. While we don’t have any plans to travel, or do anything special, Alec is glad to sleep in, and hang with his buds, and have pool parties, and consume a lot of ice cream!

What are your plans? Can we come? I’ll bring the music, and the Ice-Cream!!!Happy Summer Break!

0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!: