Monday, September 15, 2008

Yes. We Are Still Adopting!


The CCAA matched 9 Days of Babies this month!!! SO... babies have been matched up to January 31, 2006. We are now 35 LIDs away from being matched!!! Yay! Hopefully that means a January referral for us, if they continue at that pace!

I want to share a sweet email from my friend Shelley. It was perfect timing, and very encouraging. Thank you all for your sweet words of encouragement and prayers for AddieGrace during this looooooong wait for our baby girl.

Hey girl,
I was up this morning thinking about the wonderful homecoming yesterday and something that was said came to my memory. I remember someone saying to you that they had "almost forgotten that you all were still adopting" or something like that.
I believe the Lord clearly wants me to tell you that "He has not forgotten!" Your file is on his desk and is open and processing, it is not closed sitting at the bottom of some pile. He is thinking of you and your life and the plans he has for you right now. He doesn't forget!
Remember, you are the apple of His eye, the one He loves :)
Sweet. Sweet.

2 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:

Shannon Johnson said...

Kelly, that was precious - it made me cry. I love it and your friend Shelley is precious too. I love how God uses our friends and family to hear him sometimes. That is very cool and I know it blessed you too.

January is soon! Wow..... So this time next year there will be a little girl home with you during your days????? How crazy is that????? Just buy her some pom poms now to take to see her Big Brother play football!!! Now that would be cute. Maybe I'll buy her some of those!

Kelly J said...

Shan...your list is getting long!!! Yes, she will DEFINITELY be here this time next year. I can say that for the first time with confidence!