
“With all the options in life, you wonder if your ever right where your supposed to be. That’s the thought that hits me as my head crashes on my pillow at night.” Quoted by Amy Grant. She then went on to quote a message from the next song that the Nashville Symphony would play at tonight’s “Hymn Sing”, from “Variations on a Shaker Melody” (Simple Gifts):
“’tis the gift to be simple, ’tis the gift to be free
tis’ the gift to come down where we ought to be,
and when we find ourselves in the place just right,
’twill be in the valley of love and delight.”
When the questions of uncertainty bombard my thoughts, and leave me confused, as they so often do in my hurried world, I am reminded that God is still in control -He is a God who even knows our very words before they leave our tongues. (Psalm 139) He Knows.
Tonight Ken and I found ourselves right where we were supposed to be. As we took in the breathtaking beauty of Nashville’s Schermerhorn Symphony Hall, we participated with the 100+ Nashville Choir, the Nashville Symphony, Melinda Doolittle, Travis Cottrell, Amy Grant, Bill Gaither and others, as they lead us into worship by singing some very poignant hymns.
“In a world filled with so much discord, it’s wonderful to hear so much harmony.” Quoted by Bill Gaither tonight.
This was as much about the people sitting in the seats as much as it was the artists on the stage. From the brilliant conducting and arrangements by David Hamilton, to the sweet young boy singing “O How I Love Jesus”, my soul was quieted, and touched with a rush of adoration.
“I then shall live as one who’s learned compassion
I’ve been so loved that I’ll risk loving too
I know how fear builds walls instead of bridges
I’ll dare to see another’s point of view
And when relationships demand commitmnet
Then I’ll be there to follow through”
~”I Then Shall Live ” - Gloria Gaither
Precious Evening. Restored Soul. God knows what you need when you need it.
He knew.


0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
Post a Comment