Friday, June 27, 2008

Favorite Things Friday

SHOES!!!!

SHOES!!!!

SHOES!!!!

coach.jpgcoach2.jpgproenzas.jpg

Oh, How I Love Them All!

The Anticipation of the Hunt.

What is it about shoes? I love shoes. Not so much in a “Carrie Bradshaw” kind of a way, because I don’t mind wearing a pair of 10.99/pair shoes! However, my biggest splurge was for a pair of white Coach Sandals with a big Buckle across the strap. 3 years later - I still love them! (It was a splurge, even though I used a gift card someone had given me!)

Shopping for Shoes can be a bit of medication for me. Yep. I said it. I know. I know. It’s only a temporary fix, but so is Advil.

When I am overwhelmed at the amount of things our home is need of (Rug fraying apart, Rickety Coffee Table, Sofa Held Up By 2 Nails, the list goes on, and on, and on….)I realize that those are expenses that are too great for our bank account right now, so I go out and buy…shoes! The price of shoes - I can handle! I can not drop $3,000.00 on furniture that would sure make me feel good, but I sho-’nuf have no problem dropping $29.99 at Marti and Liz for some great strappy heels that make life so glorious for the moment. What? If I saved all my shoe money and put it in an account to save for furniture then…what? Crazy voices in my head again……

My favorite brands of shoes recently are: Coach, Jessica Simpson (gotten better), Michael Kors, White House Black Market flip-flops (2 for $40), Tory Burch, Nine West…

Here is a picture of my Dream Shoes, they are Louboutins:louboutin.jpg

They are hot on. Very feminine and beautiful. In fact all of this French Designer’s styles are stunning. They are however almost $1,000.00. cough. cough.

Because our Gallery has concrete and old wood floors with random holes, I mostly wear flats and flip-flops, and that makes me happy. And if you happen to see me in a shoe store somewhere, and I happen to look a little high, be assured that I’m just fine, it’s only natural happiness radiating from my surroundings. And if you happen to be a size 8…you’ll see a bit of my sassy competitiveness come out. (hiss)

Great places to buy shoes:

Marti and Liz(Coach, Cole Haan, Betsey Johnson, others), Macy’s (Green Hills Mall), BCBG, EBay, White House Black Market, Off Broadway, Saks Fifth Ave.(sales only),TJ Maxx (bought Coach and Kate Spade there), Atlanta,New York.

Ok. So, How Shoe Saavy are you? Can you name all 3 shoes at the top of the page???

What are your favorite? I love a good deal…What other places do I need to know about????You know who you are. You are the ones who stand in a circle with your friends, kick off your shoes, and try everyone elses on. Do I need to name names Janna? Lisa? Austine? oh, um…guys love shoes too. You just may see my sweet 40-year old buttercup at Marti and Liz this weekend!

0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!: