Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Why I Love Today

Today is special because…It’s My Birthday!!!

When I told my husband that I was going to blog about my birthday today, he said “isn’t that, well…I mean shouldn’t I be blogging about your birthday?” I know what he meant, but I told him , “no thank you, I’ve got this one”!!!(To which he rolled his eyes and said “oh no”…)

Before you, rightfully so, think I am being haughty, arrogant, lacking modesty, or think this is yet another feeble attempt at an excuse to proudly strut a crown on my head all day long, let me ” ’splain myself Lucy” to you…:

I think God knew that I would prance around all day long, thinking I was the Princess of the World every July 16, believing that we should visit all my favorite restaurants in search of the best fruit tea, the best coconut cake, the best Breakfast Spot, Lunch Spot, and Dinner Spot, that I should have my shoulders and Feet rubbed all day long, and that over my home there would be a “no-fly zone” for the day, and that my son would wear Khackis, with a tucked in oxford and brown belt, smiling and complying to all of my wishes. I do believe God knew what he was doing when he saved me from myself, and brought 3 of my favorite women and good friends into this world…On the very same day!!!

Yes! I share my birthday (July 16, 1973 - no need to do the math…it adds up to 29)with 3 very special ladies!

1. Peggie Dobbins (My Sweet Grandmother) born July 16, 19you’ll never know

2. Denise Hildreth - born July 16, 19she will kill me if I tell

3. Liz Young - born July 16, 1973

Now, not only were my friend Liz and I born on the same date, we were born on the same day! We found out that she was born just a few hours before me (that makes her older)!!!

These sweet ladies are such a blessing to my life in their own way. I am reminded how much God loves me by putting these godly, wise, precious women in my life!

I do love Birthdays; mine, yours, whoevers! And I don’t understand people that have a hard time with birthdays, and don’t want to tell anyone that it is your birthday…This is a day to celebrate! I look at it as this was the day God put me on Earth. ME!!! He cared enough to place me into existence forever, and continued to keep me here another year! I am thankful that I have been privileged to spend 35 years of life right here. I am not afraid of aging..of another year. It’s just one more year I can spend time with the people I have grown to love. And as long as I have my other friends, Ms. Lauder, Maybelline and my buddy MAC, I can look the future in the (not-as-wrinkled) face and embrace each new year.

So, Happy Birthday, not only to me…but to my sweet Grandmother Peggie, Liz, and Denise. I will try and act somewhat modestly today, I will only wear the crown for a little while….but I can’t promise that I won’t believe that these precious women were born on July 16 just for me!!!

1 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:

Denise Hildreth said...

I love your new blog! I didn't know you celebrated me with such sweet words on our birthday. Thank you. And thank you for not giving the year. A girl has to have some things to herself! This is a beautiful site. And you are beautiful woman and friend.
Love you
Denise