Friday, July 18, 2008

Favorite Things Friday

igoogle.GIF

GOOGLE IT!!!

I can’t tell you how much I loooove and rely on Google! We really have any information we want right at our fingertips. Google makes it possible so that no one has an excuse to be stupid! Recently, an unfamiliar bird landed on our feeder, so we went to Google, typed in the description and it returned all the information on this “rare in our area” species of bird. It actually made me appreciate the bird gracing our patio - we took more notice because it’s presence here is such a rare occurence!

My most recent “Google” search found my husband in stitches, laughing so hard that I would go this far. I got a notice in the mail that it was time to renew my license and that I actually had to go in and retake my photo. The horror of it all. My License ID was taken when I was 25. Do you know what that means? That means that I was 15 pounds smaller, my teeth had not had 10 years worth of coffee stains, my hair was shinier and longer, well…I could go on and on! SO what did I do? I GOOGLED “How to take a good Driver’s License photo. Yeah. I did.

Vain? You betcha. Absolutely. More people see this photo than ANY other photo. The Dept. of Safety ought to allow you to get a professional head shot, but no. A friend of mine told me that when she went to sit down to get ready for her photo, the lady taking the picture said, “ok”, then my friend smiled. The lady said..”no, ok we’re done”!!! She has since learned to sit down with a smile on her face first!

So what did Google tell me? Well, let’s just say, I whitened my teeth with a 2-hour whitening process, and 3 days later the 15 canker sores finally disappeared from my mouth. I thickened my makeup a bit, had a highlite, tanned a bit, and practiced my smile.

Here are the results:

This is my picture from 10 years ago…not bad

license1.JPG

And AFTER I “googled” How to take a good photo id….

license2.JPG

SEE?????It Works!!! When the Photo operator handed me my license she looked at me as if to say “what do you know that no one else knows?” or maybe she thought that now she’s qualified to be a wedding photographer. I think she was definitely proud of herself! All I know is, if I ever have to have a head shot for anything…I’m going down to the Tennessee Department of Safety!!! hahahahaha

Next time you need any information….just Google it - it is a GREAT tool, especially for those with an obsessive nature!

***disclaimor: I have used it to diagnose certain medical conditions….I don’t recommend that to anyone as I should have been dead several times based on what the results showed! hahaha

0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!: