Tuesday, March 31, 2009

When???Tick-Tock...Tick-Tock...

This beautiful 18th century, Victorian pocket watch with an Albertine, was a gift from my husband, as he shopped Portobello Road in London searching for the perfect treasure to bring home to me! We had already been waiting in our adoption over 2 years at this point (1 1/2 years ago) when he traveled to London for a recording at Abbey Road Studios, and he wanted to bring something home to me that screamed "Old London". (I requested vintage Burberry...but this was way better!!!)

The significance of this watch, is what beckoned him to it. It was a beautiful encouragement that our adopting and finally bringing home Addie Grace is truly the "Lord's timing". It has given me such peace to relinquish control, and really trust in Him to do what He does so well! Knowing that God is in control of our future, is certainly better than me being in charge of it! And everything that it looks like is a freedom I can't explain!!! The "wait" hasn't been so bad, because I am learning to fully trust in the timing of the Lord in ALL situations for our lives.

If you are still waiting or hoping or desiring for something in your life, here are some great promises to remind you that God's timing is ALWAYS perfect!:

"For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." ~Jeremiah 29:11

"A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure." ~Proverbs 16:9

"I WAITED patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry." ~Psalm 40:1

Update: Referrals are in China waiting to be signed, then they mail to USA, then to our agency, then overnight to us! Hopefully this Friday or Monday we'll have a picture!

1 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:

Karen Hepler said...

That is so encouraging Kelly!!! I can not wait to meet Addie Grace!! Hailey and I will just love her!! Thank you for all the leassons you have taught me from just getting back in touch with you through this blog!! Love you!!