...How's that New Years' Resolution coming?
Does yours include : "Eat more Ice Cream?"...As I was reading the updates on the progress of our Adoption in China (we are now only 5 LI Days away!!!), I couldn't help but gasp when I read the words from Mary Beth Chapman's blogsite. What she says in her Christmas letter, is a gentle reminder...or maybe like the rug being yanked out from under your feet, depending...on the things we should not take for granted. If you are one to make New Years' Resolutions, here's a reminder not to give up...perhaps there's a reason you felt passionate enough to make them not quite a month ago.
Here is an excerpt from Mary Beth Chapman's letter, that I completely copied without permission, but one that I don't think she would mind that I share at all with you:
"As I anticipate Christmas 2008, I have many thoughts flying through my heart and head. The last several days, my mind has not been able to stop thinking about Mary, the mother of Jesus. Pregnant and scared, knowing that the baby she was carrying eventually would pay the ultimate price of His life. How would I have lived differently if I knew that my time with Maria was going to be this short? Regretfully, I would have lived much differently. I would have purposely hugged and kissed more. I would have tried to memorize and lock away in my heart certain smells and smiles. I would have colored more and worked less. I would have laughed more and fussed less. Bedtime wouldn’t have become a chore to check off the list of things to get done. Instead it would have been more of an opportunity to listen about the day and offer whatever words were needed. The swimming pool wouldn’t have been too cold to swim in. The flowers in the garden would have all been picked, and definitely more ice cream would have been consumed!"
Here is an excerpt from Mary Beth Chapman's letter, that I completely copied without permission, but one that I don't think she would mind that I share at all with you:
"As I anticipate Christmas 2008, I have many thoughts flying through my heart and head. The last several days, my mind has not been able to stop thinking about Mary, the mother of Jesus. Pregnant and scared, knowing that the baby she was carrying eventually would pay the ultimate price of His life. How would I have lived differently if I knew that my time with Maria was going to be this short? Regretfully, I would have lived much differently. I would have purposely hugged and kissed more. I would have tried to memorize and lock away in my heart certain smells and smiles. I would have colored more and worked less. I would have laughed more and fussed less. Bedtime wouldn’t have become a chore to check off the list of things to get done. Instead it would have been more of an opportunity to listen about the day and offer whatever words were needed. The swimming pool wouldn’t have been too cold to swim in. The flowers in the garden would have all been picked, and definitely more ice cream would have been consumed!"


0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
Post a Comment