It is now February, and the CCAA has Matched families waiting for babies up to March 2, 2006. We are LID March 7, 2006. We are only 5 LID's AWAY!!!!! That means that we could be NEXT, as in...we could receive a picture (referral) in the next 3-4 weeks or in the batch after that 8-9 weeks!!!
We will be in China either the end of April, or May (June) at the very latest!!!
The lists have begun. Oh have they begun: Items to pack, Items to pack for Addie, Items to buy in China, Where to visit in China, Gifts for orphanage directors, etc...., Items left to do in the nursery, items babies need, breathe, eat, make more lists...oh and we'll have a baby: what exactly do babies need these days anyway? I need a class on how to strap them in to the 5 point harnesses that has been instituted since Alec was a baby - I don't understand all those straps. How many places can you strap around a baby anyways???
Who is she? Where is she? What is she doing at this moment? How old is she? I am the one who doesn't mind being told the "end" of movies...by all means TELL ME!!! I want to know before I see it. I also read the last chapter of every book I read (it drives my author friend crazy!) I don't enjoy being surprised, so you can imagine what this is doing to me!
I woke up this morning wondering HOW I was going to fit all my stuff AND Addie Grace's stuff in 1 suitcase weighing under 44 lbs.!!! ( there is a fee for more than 1 checked bag when traveling within China once there - which is minimal compared to the 18,000.00+ that we are about to spend) I just may have to pay the fee. This southern girl's need to pack more than 1 pair of shoes!!! I am the one that gets the "Elephant" sticker on my bag, and stares as my suitcase bulges from every side as it looks like at any point "it's gonna blow" as I roll it down the airport...that's why I am making a list. It's gonna take some creativity. And yes, I am in denial that this is the thing I am worried about the most... :)
This is an amazing transition in our lives, and regardless of all my crazy fears (luggage, where?, harnesses, 18k)...when they hand her to us and I get to kiss her cheeks and squeeze her tightly and shower her with love, and make her giggle, and give her a mommy, daddy and brother...none of those fears will matter. I love her already.


0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
Post a Comment