For Christmas, instead of exchanging gifts, Ken and I decided to build out Addie Grace's Closet! Along with generous gifts from Mom & Jeff, Shawn (my brother) and Ken's parents, we purchased all the materials, and completed the closet this week! We have the best Family!!!
We decided to go with the "Rubbermaid" System, because it is completely adjustable, and can grow with her. I didn't like the wire shelves until we installed them!
Here is Ken looking for a stud...I Found One!
Ken hanging the first part of her closet
The Completed Project!!!
"I Spy" Fun things you will find in Addie's Closet:
1. Our good friends, Peter and Nicki let us buy a lot of their daughter's clothes (up to 24 months), and I have put them in labeled plastic bins on the top! We also have a high chair, Pack n Play and Bouncy Seat from them as well.
2. The bright Pink Dress that is hung in the center is called a Qipao (chee-pow). This is a beautiful traditional Chinese brocade and linen dress that was given to Addie Grace from the Wang Family, who live in Singapore. Their 2 Children are miracles, and their daughter Annagrace is one of the reasons why we are adopting from China. I will treasure this gift, as I treasure this precious gem of a family.
3. A Pair of my Point-Shoes from the days when I could...
4. A sweet red onesie from Ken's Aunt Nancy, A Sweet Pink Ladybug Dress from Addie's Aunt Shannon, Cute Socks from Mimi & Papa, A Green Bay Packer Bib from Wendy & Mike Jones, Several soft "lovies" from Grandma Johnson, RRR Bible Study Class, and me, Ladybug trinket box from her daddy, and her first dress...bought by her Uncle Kevin!!!
5. A Pink and Brown MaClaren Stroller purchased 1/2 price 2 years ago!
I am attempting to draw a bird mural on Addie's Dresser..we'll see what happens!!!
1. Our good friends, Peter and Nicki let us buy a lot of their daughter's clothes (up to 24 months), and I have put them in labeled plastic bins on the top! We also have a high chair, Pack n Play and Bouncy Seat from them as well.
2. The bright Pink Dress that is hung in the center is called a Qipao (chee-pow). This is a beautiful traditional Chinese brocade and linen dress that was given to Addie Grace from the Wang Family, who live in Singapore. Their 2 Children are miracles, and their daughter Annagrace is one of the reasons why we are adopting from China. I will treasure this gift, as I treasure this precious gem of a family.
3. A Pair of my Point-Shoes from the days when I could...
4. A sweet red onesie from Ken's Aunt Nancy, A Sweet Pink Ladybug Dress from Addie's Aunt Shannon, Cute Socks from Mimi & Papa, A Green Bay Packer Bib from Wendy & Mike Jones, Several soft "lovies" from Grandma Johnson, RRR Bible Study Class, and me, Ladybug trinket box from her daddy, and her first dress...bought by her Uncle Kevin!!!
5. A Pink and Brown MaClaren Stroller purchased 1/2 price 2 years ago!
I seriously can't believe she is almost here! Seeing her closet full of little things makes it seem more real!!!
I am attempting to draw a bird mural on Addie's Dresser..we'll see what happens!!!



1 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
Hey! I love the closet!!! And I'm glad you have the caption of what you were doing. I thought it was a screwdriver and you were putting on new knobs! LOL. :) I can't wait to see your mural. I know it will be pretty!!!
Post a Comment