As I was pulling out of the driveway today, I happened to look over at the tree in our front yard and noticed that 1 beautiful bloom had burst it’s way out, as if it couldn’t wait one more day to stay “cooped up” inside! (Sound familiar?) I didn’t even notice the brown of the tree. All I could see from the road was this 1 flower. As I began traveling to my destination, I noticed that there were many signs that Spring was quickly approaching.
I adore this time of year, where you can begin to see that faint shadow of green within the brown of winter. Just when you think it’s going to stay gray forever, all of a sudden, sometimes in one day ~ BOOM. The Bradford Pears BURST in white! The bulbs that had been planted with a spoon, wrestle their way out of the ground, as if thanking me for FINALLY planting them, and delivering their promise to fulfill their purpose.
Spring is about promise. This moment of Spring is a reminder that no matter how cold or harsh your winter may have been (not so bad here, but one of the worst up North), the promise of Spring is around the corner. You can’t stop it. It may seem as if our family will NEVER get our sweet baby. But, there is the promise of Spring. God will deliver. We must go through every season in order for things to grow properly, and stand on the promise that, soon, Spring time WILL come, then Summer….
The beginning buds on a tree, the first blossoms of Spring, the green that pushes it’s way out of the hard soil gives me hope. Hope that God has not forgotten what he has started, that it will come to fruition. Some blooms are new, some have just been asleep - renewing their strength, regaining their nutrients for the next season.
The bloom on this tree in the picture reminded me of Proverbs 13:12 - “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.”
What is your longing? God could just be working it out on the inside before it bursts forth and blossoms and shows off it’s glory~God’s glory. After all, we do the work but it is He who makes it all possible!


0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
Post a Comment