
I just couldn’t help posting this picture of Alec on Easter (1999) when he was 6 years old! I know this isn’t very spiritual, (see March 21 blog!) but this has been a Johnson photo favorite since then! Never having been much of a morning person, he’s at least trying to enjoy the surprise found at the end of the bed when he awoke!
Ok. Maybe a small serious moment: This entire week is about what Jesus did for all mankind over 2000 years ago. Palm Sunday. Maundy Thursday. Good Friday. Easter. I am so thankful, and yet sometimes even perplexed at what He went through, so that we may have eternal life, and life more abundantly on earth. This week is a reminder that we should take with us the year throughout.
Today is about family. Jesus died so that we may be part of His family. My physical family, and my spiritual (church) family are so dear to our lives. I look forward to spending Sunday morning with my church family, then the remainder of the day with our physical family. We are so blessed!
I reflect on the gift that Jesus gave to us when He died and arose. I love Matthew 7:11 - If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Those who know me know that I enjoy giving gifts, especially to Alec. To this day he remains grateful and feels undeserving for these surprises. That’s how we should all feel about what Jesus did for us. We all awoke this morning with “a gift at the end of our beds.” Through our pain (hurts, regrets…life), we can still muster up a smile, in gratefulness for what our Saviour has done. ~Happy Easter, for He Has Risen!


0 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
Post a Comment