Friday, July 24, 2009

"Gotcha Day" & China Video

We've just put together our "Gotcha Day" video that also chronicles our journey in China - showing you some of the places and faces we encountered while overseas. Thanks to our amazing son, Alec, who captured "Gotcha Day" on video as well as many of these other great shots and video you see!

If you were one of our Dear Friends who Gave, Prayed, or Cared in any way...YOU helped to "Change Her World". Addie Grace is home because of YOU. This video is for you.
THANK YOU!!! (You'll need to "pause" the music in the sidebar to hear the video)
"If we all just do one thing
No, we can't save everyone
But if we all just do one thing
Lotta boys and girls out there"




About the Song:
Prior to our leaving for China, as you know, we had a benefit night where many of our incredibly talented friends gathered to share their gifts in song. The last song of the evening was performed by Tommy Sims as he was accompanied by Drew Ramsey, Dan Needham and Jason Eskridge. Tommy sang his most famous song, "Change The World" - that you would remember being made famous by Eric Clapton in the 90's...

However, this rendition is so much more special... Tommy wrote this song as a teenager and most of the original lyric is not included in the song that you're familiar with... we hope you enjoy this video of one of the most amazing times of our lives.
"Change The World"

Wake up ol' heart of mine
State of the world before you
I know we ain't got much time
To do these things that we must do

But listen you can hear a change
It's ridin' on the wind like a holiday
And I hope you got your ticket straight
When the peace train comes your way

Say you don't know where we're goin', babe
Take these hands and I'll show you where
And if we run a little short on faith
I'll still believe we can make it there

Where we might change the world
Who's got a dream you can give away
Help put an end to the lies that say
You can't change the world
I believe if we all get together
We can change the world

If I could be a king, maybe just for one day
I would take you as my little queen
I'd have it no other way
And our love would rule this kingdom we have made
'Til then, I'll be just another fool
Dreamin' and wishin' and believin' in the day...

That we could change the world
I would be the sunlight in your universe
You would think my love was something good
Baby, if I could change the world

Change the world
And I would be the sunlight in your universe
You would think my love was really something good
Oh, if I could change the world
Baby, I believe...

If we all just do one thing
No, we can't save everyone
But if we all just do one thing
Lotta boys and girls out there

It's really a foolish thing to think that you can change the world
I was just a kid when I wrote those words down
You know how you are when you're a kid
You think you can do things
Then you get older and realize how foolish you are

Change the world...
One boy... one girl...

I guess in the end it takes the fools
'Cause the fools are dreamers and believers
And people God can use at the end of the day

Baby, if I could
For you I would do everything I could
I'd do everything I could
To help change your world
-------------------------

Thank you, Tommy and friends... this really captures it all perfectly!

3 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:

Liz Young said...

This was so wonderful to watch. I went through so many emotions... the picture of the man fishing on the rocks should be framed. I wonder what he was thinking or how many times he's done that very thing, on that very rock is in life? Although, none compared to the video of the "Gotcha Day" and pics that followed! Riley watched it with me and everytime one of Addie came up, she would say "'Der she is, Addie Grace!" It was precious! The last photo of your face on hers, is priceless!
Love you all!!

Kelly J said...

Thanks Liz! I love that about Ri! I also love the picture of the guy fishing...I can't wait to frame a bunch of these pictures!

Shelley McCraw said...

How did I miss that this was posted? Just watched it and couldn't stop smiling while tears streamed down my cheeks. I just love that you have those wonderful moments frozen in time. She is a sweetie!