Rescue: to free from confinement, danger, or evil : save, deliver, to recover (as a prize)
Over 16 years ago, while carrying my son during the 3rd term, I began to have extremely vivid dreams. In our adoption, we are now in our "3rd term", counting down the days to meet our baby. And before my head hits the pillow each night, I wonder what adventure my sleep will take to. Some dreams are just results of crazy late night munchies, but some, I believe, are placed by the Lord to prepare us for our new journey.
This morning, I awoke remembering that I had a series of dreams in which we were rescuing people and animals. (from a stray momma cat and her kittens that I helped to find a home, to 2 people.) In one of my dreams there was a man on his death bed, and everyone just kept walking past him peeking at him wondering if he had passed yet. He wasn't my responsibility, so I just ignored him mostly. One time as I walked past, I saw a sign of life, so I quickly ran over to him, gave him some food and water, then he popped out of bed, and went on his way to live his life. I stood there thinking that we all expected and waited for him to die. But all he needed was a bit of attention and care. He needed to be rescued.
This morning, I looked up scriptures on "rescue" and saw that there were HUNDREDS of scriptures on being rescued. People crying out to be rescued, and the Lord rescuing. Why are there people that need to be rescued? Why are there orphans? and neglected people? We live in a fallen world. But God asks us to aid Him in the "rescuing" of people. Not because He needs help, (He is God, ya know) but because He loves to see His children reflecting His love toward others.
James 1:27 (The Message) "Anyone who sets himself up as "religious" by talking a good game is self-deceived. This kind of religion is hot air and only hot air. Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless (orphans and widows) in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world."
How can we give? How can we help? Some people adopt. Some people find homes for the homeless. Some people offer their home to a widow. I have friends that have done these things. But sometimes, all that is required of you is to offer a drink of water. A plate of food, a phone call, a prayer, words of encouragement, a gift. God doesn't give us a rulebook as to HOW we need to help, all He requires, is that we do SOMETHING.
In our adoption alone, I have seen many many of our friends and family reach out through prayers, and gifts etc...all for a child they've never met. Thank you for helping to "rescue" this orphan.
I love to wear this t-shirt from my friend Gwen Oatsvall (an adoption advocate) who sells these t-shirts to help fund her adoptions. It sparks a lot conversations!

I have discovered that when we reach out to those in need, God in turn, rescues US ~ even if we don't think we need it. I just have a feeling that Addie Grace will do as much for us, as we are for her. We already feel blessed and full knowing that she is bringing something amazing to our family.
Well, I'm off to buy 2 dozen cookies from Michelle Keil (Tina) to help her raise funds for her trip to Uganda. See...helping can produce blessings. Can't wait to eat my blessings!
This morning, I awoke remembering that I had a series of dreams in which we were rescuing people and animals. (from a stray momma cat and her kittens that I helped to find a home, to 2 people.) In one of my dreams there was a man on his death bed, and everyone just kept walking past him peeking at him wondering if he had passed yet. He wasn't my responsibility, so I just ignored him mostly. One time as I walked past, I saw a sign of life, so I quickly ran over to him, gave him some food and water, then he popped out of bed, and went on his way to live his life. I stood there thinking that we all expected and waited for him to die. But all he needed was a bit of attention and care. He needed to be rescued.
This morning, I looked up scriptures on "rescue" and saw that there were HUNDREDS of scriptures on being rescued. People crying out to be rescued, and the Lord rescuing. Why are there people that need to be rescued? Why are there orphans? and neglected people? We live in a fallen world. But God asks us to aid Him in the "rescuing" of people. Not because He needs help, (He is God, ya know) but because He loves to see His children reflecting His love toward others.
James 1:27 (The Message) "Anyone who sets himself up as "religious" by talking a good game is self-deceived. This kind of religion is hot air and only hot air. Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless (orphans and widows) in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world."
How can we give? How can we help? Some people adopt. Some people find homes for the homeless. Some people offer their home to a widow. I have friends that have done these things. But sometimes, all that is required of you is to offer a drink of water. A plate of food, a phone call, a prayer, words of encouragement, a gift. God doesn't give us a rulebook as to HOW we need to help, all He requires, is that we do SOMETHING.
In our adoption alone, I have seen many many of our friends and family reach out through prayers, and gifts etc...all for a child they've never met. Thank you for helping to "rescue" this orphan.
I love to wear this t-shirt from my friend Gwen Oatsvall (an adoption advocate) who sells these t-shirts to help fund her adoptions. It sparks a lot conversations!
I have discovered that when we reach out to those in need, God in turn, rescues US ~ even if we don't think we need it. I just have a feeling that Addie Grace will do as much for us, as we are for her. We already feel blessed and full knowing that she is bringing something amazing to our family.
Well, I'm off to buy 2 dozen cookies from Michelle Keil (Tina) to help her raise funds for her trip to Uganda. See...helping can produce blessings. Can't wait to eat my blessings!


1 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
this was so good. and challenging! I am going to read it again...
ps- we bought 2 dozen from tina yesterday, there is no where near 2 dozen left!
Post a Comment