It's been almost 4 years since we started the Adoption Journey to adopt a baby orphan from China, and 12 years since we began trying for more children. The "wait" has been painfully unbearable at times, waking up morning after morning to silence, and longing for the days when a hungry cry in the other room will jolt me awake. Some days it is all I can do to keep this wait from challenging me to analyze the "whys?" to a despairing fault.
I could not go through another set of Holidays (this will make the 4th Christmas without our baby) without the Peace from Jesus, who grants to me so freely and strongly. And the confidence that we truly know that He is in charge of everything...especially the things that are impossible for us to control!
I don't know who is responsible for taking this orphanage picture above, but when I pulled it up on a blog of someone else waiting for their baby...it gave me hope.
Not only is my family waiting for our sweet, precious baby....but all of these babies are ALSO waiting for their families. Looking at their adorable, expressionless faces, I see that they are in the same desperate need that I am in - waiting to love and be loved. To hold and be held. To laugh, to cry, to be played with, to be nurtured, cared for, to know that they were made lovingly by a Father who loves them and has a purpose for each of their lives, and they are not forgotten.
Thank you to whoever posted this picture. We will wait forever if we have to.

“If you are not too long, I will wait for you here my whole life”Winnie-the-Pooh


2 of Your AMAZING Comments Here!:
I know your day is coming soon!! You are a great mom and God is preparing your little angel!! I can not wait to hear that your day has finally come and Addy is in your loving home!!!
I check in on your blog often through Kelly's and Kristi's. I live in Hopkinsville and know them all well.
This post is very touching and I too also long to hear a baby's cry. We have been in the process of wanting another for over 4 years... adoption only a few months. My God give you strength and peace and bring your little girl home soon. Blessings,
Post a Comment